Scribe Cantonese - Master Vocabulary
- Master EVERY single popular Cantonese word
- Build the ultimate vocabulary, so you’ll be able to understand everything in Hong Kong or Southern China
- Learn Cantonese by sound grouping, to optimise your brain’s recall skills
- Cantonese words divided into hanzi school grade reading level, so you can match with your hanzi study as you go.
- Native speaker voices, so you’ll sound like a local - like a Hong Kong guy or Hong Kong girl
- Example Cantonese phrases to help understand the native Cantonese meaning
- Jyutping readings romanisations, to help reading Chinese hanzi
Scribe Cantonese is only for you if you want to learn Cantonese to perfection.
If you want to learn a HUGE vocabulary of basic Cantonese words.
Complete with native speaker’s pronunciation and shortcut methods for remembering similar-sounding words as well as the tones for each word.
Scribe Cantonese has been intentionally designed to teach mastery of Chinese Cantonese vocabulary - you learn MANY common Hong Kong Cantonese words. Using a unique study method, words are remembered with related-sounding words, so that in real-life situations you are able to contextually select the correct word, even if you missed the tone. Study Cantonese this way, and your mind’s ability to select the correct word in context increases 10 fold. Just think about it: for every similar sound, you will know the 2 or 3 possible popular words it could be.
Scribe Cantonese quietly saturates your mind with all the correct linkages to learn Cantonese to a better-than-native level. This is the fastest known method to the learn Cantonese language, by focusing on learning through Cantonese games.
Scribe Cantonese also includes numerous games using the same study deck, so no matter what game you feel like playing, your study picks up where you left off. You can study Cantonese YOUR way. And your dreams of China, Hong Kong and Macau can come closer.
- 1800 of the most common Cantonese words.
- Full native audio spoken for every single word. Speak Cantonese within weeks, instead of years, with a daily commitment to study Cantonese words.
- 6 Cantonese games: Cantonese flashcards, Cantonese multiple choice, Cantonese tiles, listening flashcards, listening multiple choice, matchup.
- Tone markers + tone colors.
- Spaced-Repetition System that.. is simply incredible. When you get down into the deeper levels with thousands of words to remember, you’ll be amazed at how accurately the right word comes along.
- Study Cantonese completely offline - no internet bandwidth used. Learn and study Cantonese anywhere - on the train, bus, on the way to work, sitting waiting, in coffee shops, on bed before dreaming Cantonese in your sleep.
- Your choice of yale or jyutping romanisation, along with the native hanzi reading (for help with remembering the hanzi, you can use our hanzi app: Scribe Origins).
- Ruby text places the reading above the hanzi character, just like in manga and anime readings.
- Synchronise your progress across devices, if you want to learn Cantonese on your iPhone and iPad.
- Example usage sentences and common Cantonese phrases for the most popular Cantonese words.
- Most users who have gone through the entire first level unequivocally say that Scribe Cantonese is currently the fastest way to learn Cantonese language, both listening and reading skills.
And if you absolutely must learn Cantonese to completion: we recommend our sister app - Scribe Origins. Scribe Origins is designed to help you RAPIDLY learn hanzi Chinese characters. Scribe Origins is the ultimate study tool to learn Chinese characters. Practice reading hanzi while seeing the primitive breakdown which hints at the underlying meaning of the character. Learning each Chinese character for Chinese is key for reading traditional Chinese, as used in Hong Kong and Macau. Chinese writing really comes before everything else, as it allows your brain to specifically link word sounds, word meanings, and their written form together. Learning to speak Cantonese before learning writing means your brain will learn one set of links, then needs to unlearn them and re-learn them, which is why most language students take 3 years to learn a language. To study Cantonese efficiently and effectively, the Chinese writing system is foundational.
Why Scribe Cantonese?
# Datasets have been cross-compiled with a variety of word frequency lists.
# Every word has been pre-computed for similar sounding words, both at same length words and minor length variations. And each word is cross-referenced with all similar-meanings.
# Scribe Cantonese is designed as a
serious student application. It has been designed to include more frequently-used words than any other study method. No other resource required.
# The app has flashcards, multiple choice, tiles, matchup, listening-mode flashcards, and listening-mode multiple choice. It is very easy to start a quick game and pick up where you left off.
# Native speaker voice ensures you’ll have native speaker pronunciation. Everyone will think you’re a local.
# Audio recordings have been analysed and frequency-adjusted to emphasise clarity of tones. No robotic voices. Just pure silky native voices.
# The spaced-repetition learning algorithm has been tweaked and fine-tuned with each release. Two settings adjust initial word-repeat timing and overall still-learning word cap.
# Prominent display of your own stories and notes. Scientifically proven and as used by World Memory Champions, creating your own stories as the primal focus point of remembering each word are the proven fastest way to remember a long sequence of words. It means, you learn more than anyone else.
# Always the next word waiting. You’ll never be at a loss on what to study next, every word is prepared for you. Your life: simplified.
You dream about Hong Kong and Macau. You dream about Cantonese language, understanding, Chinese people. So do I. This app is designed to help you get to everything you want about Hong Kong and Macau. Scribe Cantonese is the only tool that works for building a real vocabulary of Cantonese language.
If you would like the rewarding experience of mastering basic Cantonese vocabulary, give the app a try.
How to Try: Scribe Cantonese
We’ve wanted to make this as easy as possible. We know people who have invested thousands of hours into developing their own flashcards, so the price of having it done for you is easily, easily worth a few hundred dollars if you’re serious about mastering all characters.
But we aren’t going to charge anywhere near that. In fact, we’re going to offer the first level of words, free of charge. You can download it and try it out, and get a feel for if this system is really for you. We think this is the best way for you to purchase a product, as it hands over full power to you.
If you would like the rewarding experience of mastering basic Cantonese vocabulary, give the app a try. ⬇Download Now